[thelist] RE: troubling Mail delivery failed message

Steven Streight vaspersthegrate at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 15 16:26:10 CST 2005

I use Firefox browser.

In my Gmail spam file, I saw a message with subject:
"Mail delivery failed: returning message to sender"

The From party does not exist. I googled the sender of
this delivery failure message, no info, except a web
site, which of course I did not go to.

I did a search of my mail for the alleged address I
sent a message to. No such address.

Here's the intro of message: "This message has been
rejected because it has a potentially executable
attachment..." then it mentions a pif attachment,
whatever that is.

I only sent RTF rich text format documents as
attachments, never any other kind.

It is a multi-part message in MIME format. Not as an
attachment, but in the body of the message, there are
6 pages of nonsense like "ERT8744duiDDF9098oi8" etc.

What is this? I deleted it, but regret opening it.

Have I finally been tricked by the bad guys?

Steven Streight
Web Usability Analyst & Content Writer
Blogologist
Digital Media Artist