[thelist] Spider Attack

Mark Mandel mark.mandel at gmail.com
Tue Mar 15 20:36:06 CST 2005

It could also be a referred spider.

Those are nasty creatures.

If you have Apache, you can user .htaccess to stop them from entering your site.
If not you can just be nasty - like so:
http://www.compoundtheory.com/?action=displayPost&ID=48

Search spiders are good.

Spiders don't tend to take up too much bandwitdth anyway - all they
grab are html files, which shouldn't be huge in the 1st place.

HTH

Mark