[thelist] Tough querystring problem!

Brian Delaney brian.delaney at mccmh.net
Wed Mar 16 10:56:09 CST 2005

I went with option #1. I  pretty much did exactly as stated and now I
capture the option,start,end as well as sort
arguments.

Thanks for the help!

Mark Marlow wrote:

>To paraphrase your requirement:
>
>Main page opens report page in new window by passing a date argument.
>Report page is displayed.
>User clicks hyperlinks in column heading to request a sorted report page.
>
>Solution 1:
>Append any data required for page to refresh to the hyperlinks used to sort
>during ASP processing. E.g.
>Href="report.asp?sortdir=asc&sortcol=company&date=010105&option=x&start=y&en
>d=z".  Any variables in the get string will be available on the server side.
>
>Solution 2:
>Keep values in hidden form variables during ASP processing.  A javascript
>method called from  each columns <a
>href="javascript:sort('sales','up')">+</a> would have parameters to indicate
>the column and direction. The sort() function would update a pair of hidden
>variables "SortColumn" "SortDirection" appropriately, then call the form's
>submit method. Any data stored in the hidden variables will be available on
>the Server side.
>
>Solution 2 involves client side scripting, thus is a bit more risky.  Keep
>in mind that depending on the values of the arguments you pass around, you
>might have to URL encode them.
>- Mark

*
*
*
This message, including any attachments, is intended solely for the use of the named recipient(s) and may contain confidential and/or priveleged information.  Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution of this communication(s) is expressly prohibited.  If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy any and all copies of the original message.