[thelist] Proceed to Checkout - Authorize.net Question

Erik Heerlein erik at erikheerlein.com
Thu Mar 17 16:15:14 CST 2005

On Mar 17, 2005, at 3:08 PM, Rob Smith wrote:

>> and I only save the last 4 digits of the card for the
>> customer's reference.
>
> So how do you get repeat business without having to ask for the cc
> information again. Wouldn't it be convenient to have it stored for
> them (but
> only display the last four-five digits) when they want to perform
> upgrade$
> on their account?

You can save that information if you want to, I don't because I do not
want to be held responsible for the security of that information and my
business does not have customer's set up an account so there is no need
to save it. By saving it, you take on the added responsibility of
protecting it securely.