[thelist] How do you ping in asp?

M. Seyon evoltlist at delime.com
Fri Mar 18 15:31:07 CST 2005

Message from Brian Cummiskey (3/18/2005 05:05 PM)
>Christian Anderson wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I'm making a blog in ASP and I am at the point now where I'm going to
> set up
> > pinging when new posts are published.
>
>what are you going to ping, and for what purpose?
>
>a ping is a "marco - polo" or sonar-like send and return to tell if a
>machine is responding.  that's about it.  i don't see how a blog post
>would have anything to do with it.

I think Christian may be referring to trackback pings?
http://www.movabletype.org/trackback/beginners/
http://www.cruftbox.com/cruft/docs/trackback.html

Hopefully those two links will help answer the question too.

regards.
-marc

--
Trinidad Carnival in all its photographic glory. Playyuhself.com
http://www.playyuhself.com/