[thelist] Proceed to Checkout - Authorize.net Question

Hassan Schroeder hassan at webtuitive.com
Fri Mar 18 16:17:09 CST 2005

Rob Smith wrote:

> set my gears in motion to POST the information back to my designated receipt
> page. And I found out that everything I send to Authorize.net is echoed back
> to me.

Well, not entirely -- they don't return the CC info, for instance.

But remember, you're POSTing the data to Authorize.net and getting
a response, which if I recall is just a comma-delimited string, so
the fields are positionally relevant, the first being the 'Response
Code'. So I'm not sure your PHP code is going to work, but I won't
swear to it since I don't use PHP often.

> I'm going to have a friend test this out tonight with me. Authorize.net said
> I can't use my own card on my own business.

Yeah, but they provide 1) a test server, and 2) a test mode for the
live server, as well as dummy CC#s specifically for testing. So I'd
be taking advantage of that to check my process... Again, that's in
the docs too.

FWIW!
Hassan Schroeder ----------------------------- hassan at webtuitive.com

                           dream.  code.