[thelist] usability test questions / tasks

Zug, Bryan Bryan.Zug at seattlechildrens.org
Tue Mar 22 11:44:01 CST 2005

Im looking for inspiration for what kind of tasks to set - can anyone
think of good tasks to set (its for a dating site) or point me to some
good resources?

I'm a big advocate of the open ended methodology Steve Krug advocates in
"Don't Make Me Think". He has a sample script on his website at --

http://www.sensible.com/Downloads/script.doc

One of the main ideas behind the open-endedness is that more concrete
direction will begin to color your data and give you results that are not
indicative of normal users.

May not be the best approach for your project, but it's the one I use most
of the time. Lots of research methodology advantages to keeping it simple
and open-ended.

Cheers --

Bryan

--
Bryan Zug
WBT Developer

--
"The comedy of man survives the tragedy of man."
-  G.K. Chesterton, 'All things Considered'

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail message, including any attachments, is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential, proprietary, and/or privileged information protected by law. If you are not the intended recipient, you may not use, copy, or distribute this e-mail message or its attachments. If you believe you have received this e-mail message in error, please contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the original message.