[thelist] using music in a sales presentation

Mark Groen markgroen at gmail.com
Wed Mar 23 22:19:41 CST 2005

On Thu, 24 Mar 2005 14:27:35 +1100, Justin Zachan Mgmt <> wrote:

> My client wants to use music in their corporate presentation, which we have
> designed. This will be used when they present to clients.
>
> What do people normally do to source music? What is the legal requirement
> for this type of thing???
>
> Any guidance would be appreciated.

The music rights/royalty thing is a huge subject. Gather you are
looking for the right Google words to start with, how about "royalty
free music"?

http://www.google.ca/search?hl=en&safe=off&c2coff=1&q=royalty+free+music&btnG=Search&meta=

OR... copyright free?
Royalty Free music which is sold without any ongoing royalty
obligations. The copyright is owned in its entirety, by the seller.
Royalty Free is not the same as copyright free. In the case of royalty
free, the selling entity or entities retain the copyright interests.

hmmm.. meybe just muddied the waters here...

hth! ?

cheers,

             Mark

             MG Web Services
             www.mgwebservices.ca

Your Canadian West Coast web site development and hosting solution.