[thelist] Marking up the right way

Andy Warwick mailing.lists at creed.co.uk
Thu Mar 24 04:42:56 CST 2005

>> Hello all,
>>
>> I'm working on a sort of phonelist thing and I'm spending time
>> thinking
>> about how best to mark this thing up so it makes sense.
>>
>> Some background: User will enter search criteria, system returns an
>> abbreviated set of results (i.e. shows Name, Telephone, Title, Dept
>> and
>> Room) for each person in the result set. The user can then click on
>> the
>> name and it will open up and reveal extended information on that
>> person.
>>
>> So I'm thinking that although the result sets fall neatly  enough into
>> table data, the expansion thing is problematic.

Suggest you take a look at the following, which dropped into my RSS
feed this morning. Sounds like it might be an ideal solution:

	http://www.yourtotalsite.com/archives/javascript/
automagically_collapsing_/Default.aspx

You still get the issue of people without Javascript seeing *all* the
info upfront, but that might not be a problem depending on length.

HTH

Cheers

--
Andy Warwick