[thelist] Re: HTML email statistics

Danny Goodman dannyg at dannyg.com
Thu Mar 24 08:56:09 CST 2005

> My company has begun to ask me about sending out HTML emails (invites,
> ads) to  targetted emails (not signed up users).

It's not a question of how many will get through, but rather how getting the
sending IP address reported as a spam source could get your company's IP on
blocklists--some of which are not easy to clear up.

Legality of such mailings (a la CAN-SPAM) is one thing; spamminess is
another, and your firm would be labeled a spammer if any messages get sent
to (harvested) spam trap addresses that are in lots of "targeted email"
lists for sale.

Danny
http://www.dannyg.com
http://www.spamwars.com