[thelist] HTML email statistics

Gilles Beauregard gilles at balour.org
Thu Mar 24 06:42:07 CST 2005

Allo!

>My company has begun to ask me about sending out HTML emails (invites,
>ads) to  targetted emails (not signed up users).

Depend on the volume of email, it take only a small amount of
spam report to see your server blacklisted and email traffic
perturbed.

Spam/UCE is not best marketing practice and your company must
must be very cautious.

>Are there any stats out there as to how many of these will end up in spam
>filters and virus shields?
>Are there any stats on how effective this way of marketing still is?

The only stat I found on this subject is from spammers, so it's not
very reliable.

Good luck

Gilles B.