[thelist] SQL gurus

Oren Levin lists at pinetree.net
Fri Mar 25 15:12:13 CST 2005

Ted,
The syntax may depend on the database but you can use the following in
Oracle:

SELECT date, mileage, DECODE(INSTR(notes, 'brakes'), 0, 'Match', NULL) AS
IS_MATCH
FROM m
;

Oren
-----
Oren Levin, Senior Developer
olevin at audible.com, 973.837.2811
"Audible.com ranks among the Web's best services."
CNet.com, July 2004