[thelist] HTML email statistics

Mark Groen markgroen at gmail.com
Sat Mar 26 09:39:59 CST 2005

On Thu, 24 Mar 2005 11:35:10 +0100 (CET), Chris Heilmann <> wrote:
> My company has begun to ask me about sending out HTML emails (invites,
> ads) to  targetted emails (not signed up users).
> Are there any stats out there as to how many of these will end up in spam
> filters and virus shields?
> Are there any stats on how effective this way of marketing still is?

yup:

http://www.marketingsherpa.com/

Contrary to popular belief amongst us standards compliant web
developers, html emails work, (people click through). imho, it's
because the vast majority of people using email software view their
email with html enabled.

cheers,

             Mark

             MG Web Services
             www.mgwebservices.ca

Your Canadian West Coast web site development and hosting solution.