[thelist] Using another DNS server

Burhan Khalid thelist at meidomus.com
Sun Mar 27 05:57:29 CST 2005

Gilles Beauregard wrote:
> Hello!
>
> I'm using Windows ME and I want to use another ISP DNS server.
> I can't find where I can enter the IP of the other DNS I want to use.

I'm not sure in ME, but generally its

Control Panel --> Network Connections

Pick the network connection you want, open its properties page (right
click on it, properties)

Choose TCP/IP from the list of protocols and click Properties

It should be there.  If you do this on a live connection, it will
disconnect you when you apply the changes.  If you don't have
Administrative rights, you might not see the property pages (they might
be disabled for you).

Good luck.