[thelist] FW: XML PHP Special Characters

Mark Joslyn Mark.Joslyn at SolimarSystems.com
Mon Mar 28 16:40:20 CST 2005

List,

I am parsing an XML document with PHP:

// Create an XML parser
$xml_parser = xml_parser_create();

// Set the functions to handle opening and closing tags
xml_set_element_handler($xml_parser, "startElement", "endElement");

etc..

I have a special character inside the XML document (trademark symbol ™) that
is being parsed and what is returned is a question mark.

The XML document is encoded as:

The special character I am using is coded as:

&#x2122; but I have used &#8482;

The php page is encoded:

Is there a way I can have this special character go through the parsing
process but still return a valid trademark symbol?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

markJ