[thelist] css question about positioning and floating

Matt Warden mwarden at gmail.com
Tue Mar 29 11:55:42 CST 2005

On Tue, 29 Mar 2005 12:37:11 -0500, Dan McCullough
<dan.mccullough at gmail.com> wrote:
> I have a question about floating a box or making it so it sits down
> near the bottom of a page.
>
> .elitebox {position:absolute;left:55px;top:445px;width:200px;border:
> 1px solid #FFF;padding: 5px 5px 5px 5px;text-align:center;}
>
> is what I have now and on most pages it works fine.  however there are
> some pages where the text from above comes down and goes over the top
> or the note is there away push that box down?

Do you have to use absolute positioning? Can we see this page in
action? I know how to solve this if you are floating the element, but
I'm not sure there's much you can do if you are using absolute
positioning (except give it a higher z-index so that the overflow text
hides behind instead of over the positioned element).

--
Matt Warden
Miami University