[thelist] x-cart any good?

Dan McCullough dan.mccullough at gmail.com
Wed Mar 30 07:53:27 CST 2005

Most of these "free" carts are fine if you want to go with a cookie
cutter or default design, the problem is if you want to get a
customized design you run into a lot of problems with developers not
delivering the design, and not delivering for the promised price.  We
have a client that is on his 5 developer to implement a custom design
into Interchange, which is a very good perl package.  Interchange is
not that difficult its just that most of the inexpensive developers
never learn how the software work, and then work within that
framework.  We have has similar problems with developers working the
designs into OSCommerce, FreeTrade and phpShop.  I ended up doing my
own cart and stuff for her clients, but its not cheap.