[thelist] x-cart any good?

Alliax damiencola at wanadoo.fr
Wed Mar 30 08:39:13 CST 2005

What I mean exactly is that I read somewhere (maybe on zencart site)
that the 2 guys hold the codebase for oscommerce, so it is not a normal
CVS where people can contribute code changes and then those get approved
(committed) by the community of developpers.
I'm not talking about contributions of modules which enhance and change
the oscommerce you're using, I'm talking about the developpement of
oscommerce codebase, the stuff you download first.

So why not zencart ? Is anybody has reasons to prefer oscommerce NOW ?
(apart for the amount of modules/contributions available which are more
important in oscommerce, but then zencart incorporate many of the
functionnalities that requires tweaks and modules in oscommerce MS2.2)