[thelist] signs of a hacker?

Erik Heerlein erik at erikheerlein.com
Wed Mar 30 09:52:32 CST 2005

Someone has been repeatedly trying to buy stuff from my site using what
seems to be made up info and each time they use a different card. It
appears that they are just trying to see if the cards they are using
are valid or not. I'm assuming that's the scheme.

But in checking the logs I noticed that they found my site by googling
the keywords, "result in AVS mismatch", which pulled up my FAQ page
which explains to the customers how a transaction can be declined if
they do not provide a correct billing address.

Am I correct in assuming this person's activities are less than
legitimate? I have blocked their IP for the time being.

-Erik