[thelist] php-based search engines

Mark Joslyn Mark.Joslyn at SolimarSystems.com
Wed Mar 30 12:10:26 CST 2005

Hi all,

I current use the Zoom search engine on my website and it works well, but I
am migrating a lot of my content to XML and parsing the XML via PHP to build
the web pages. I am using the XML pages for the content of the webpage and a
"printer-friendly" page.

Since Zoom indexes the pages offline, these new dynamic XML/PHP pages would
not be indexed since they contain no text. I cannot just index the XML files
since the results returned would return the "printer-friendly" page and no
the parsed XML/PHP page.

Is there a search engine out there that parses the pages first, then indexes
them? Preferable written in PHP.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

markJ