[thelist] php-based search engines

Roel Mulder roel.mulder at gmail.com
Thu Mar 31 07:29:10 CST 2005

Hi Mark,
You could cast a glance at Fluid Dynamics Search Engine :
http://www.xav.com/scripts/search/   It works very well for several
websites.
It runs at the web server and can both spider remote, or index files
on the file system. The Perl script can be integrated in a PHP
template system as well.

When it spiders remote, the pages get parsed, then indexed. You can
run a nightly crontab to keep the index actual.

Regards,
Roel