[thelist] site appraisal

M. Seyon evoltlist at delime.com
Thu Mar 31 09:48:46 CST 2005

Message from Sales (3/31/2005 10:37 AM)

>Hi,
>
>I would like your opinions of my latest site
>http://www.onlinekitchenware.co.uk

It's sloppy.

If you want to use a comic strip style blurb to catch people's attention,
please please make sure that you've got the grammar right in aforementioned
blurb.

"THIS MONTHS SPECIAL OFFER"? Someone missing an apostrophe?

Then we've got the title of the page, which is what people will see if they
bookmark your site. And it proudly proclaims itself to be "Online Kitchenare".

And on the basket page
KitchenAid Artisan Food Mixer   Black   &pound259.99

Someone forgot to put a semi-colon in?

For that matter, you don't even tell me *which* model of the KitchenAid
food mixer you're selling. There are several. 4 quart, 5 quart, 6 quart
sizes each with a couple different models.

Usability, design and cross browser compatibility are all well and good.
But what you need is trust.

Why should I shop with your careless mistake ridden site when there's
Amazon? If it's because your prices are better, are you conveying that? Or
maybe it's because you can get it to the customer faster than amazon can?

What makes your site better? If you don't convey that you're probably going
to fail.

On a layout note, your site causes Opera 7.5 on Win2k to scroll
horizontally even though my viewable window is 970px across.

regards.
-marc

--
Trinidad Carnival in all its photographic glory. Playyuhself.com
http://www.playyuhself.com/