[thelist] Apache HTTPD session timeout?

Scott Brady dsbrady at gmail.com
Thu Mar 31 16:17:07 CST 2005

We have a Linux box running Apache 1.3 and ColdFusion 5 where the
ColdFusion session time out setting isn't working. (I've posted to the
cf-talk list twice so far without much success)

Basically, I've verified that the <cfapplication> tag has the session
timeout set to 1 hour and the ColdFusion administrator max timeout
setting is at least 1 hour (it's actually 1 day).

I've restarted ColdFusion numerous times and have even restarted the
physical box (which is something we have to schedule at least a day in
advance).

Sessions are still timing out after around 20 minutes.

The only option I can think of now is that Apache's web server has a
session timeout setting.  But, I've googled for that, and all of the
references I've found refer to tomcat's session timeout.

So, does anyone know if there's a setting in httpd.conf that would
affect a session timeout?  I've searched the file and not found
anything.  If it matters, this is an SSL site.

Thanks!

Scott