[thelist] Avoid Page Break

Hershel Robinson hershelr at netvision.net.il
Tue Apr 5 12:03:50 CDT 2005

http://hclic.gwsystems.co.il/Print%20test.htm

That page has a table with 3 rows. When I print the page, the page break
falls right in the middle of the third row. I use this CSS:

tr, td { page-break-inside: avoid; }

in a pitiful attempt to avoid this page-break occuring in the middle of the
table cell.

The page above is a very simple demonstration of a problem I am running into
in 'Real Life.' The page above validates at w3.org.

Oh, I forgot to mention that this page is for an Win IE6-ONLY site, so I
need a solution that works for IE6, heh heh. Oh, using a table is sort of
stupid for the example shown, but in real life, the table is necessary and
has more than one collumn and the collumns of the two boxes must line up,
that's why I must use one table.

The length of the content is dynamic in real life, but the page break will
never occur in the first box (my sample is not quite to scale with the real
page.) The only solution we have thus far is to put an automatic page break
between the two boxes. The drawback of that solution is that in probably
most cases, the two boxes would actually fit on one printed page. The
problematic case is when they don't.

Any ideas?

Thanks.