[thelist] Re: Multiple sessions in FireFox (for testing different use roles)?

David Siedband technique at oceanicsky.com
Thu Apr 7 22:20:26 CDT 2005

This is possible in Firefox (multiple concurrent instances).  Here's
how:

[ OS X ]
Throw this twice in the shell (Terminal.app)
/Applications/Firefox.app/Contents/MacOS/firefox &

If you launch the second instance as the same user you'll be presented
with the profile manager.  If you launch as a different system user you
won't be prompted.

[ Linux / *BSD ]
Basically same as on OS X, except the path to the executable will
depend on where you installed.

[ Windows ]
A bit more involved.  It's explained here:
http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.php?p=1074901

cheers
--
David Siedband