[thelist] Frontpage verses Dreamweaver

VOLKAN ÖZÇELİK volkan.ozcelik at gmail.com
Mon Apr 11 05:41:22 CDT 2005

>It isn't the typing that
>makes hand-written code better, it's the brain on the end of the
>fingers.

I absolutely agree with you.

>Whether those fingers use a mouse and click to make code, or
>type, is irrelevant to the quality of the result.

I partially agree with you:
You can (very easily) produce "bad quality" results by clicking and
drag-dropping. Besides, you can produce bad-quality results and "think
that" they are damn good, because simply they work and look good.

My belief is that before one starts using a visual editor, s/he should
learn to type first. Any poet has to learn grammar to full extent
before starting to alter it.
And as Einstein said: "Any generalization is incorrect, including this one."
Cheers,
Volkan.