[thelist] Dreamweaver versus Frontpage versus Notepad

Christian Heilmann codepo8 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 11 10:57:59 CDT 2005

> > each unto their own - as a Coldfusion programmer, I love
> > Dreamweaver's text
> > editor - it saves me hours - and RSI - with its tag completion.
>
> Visual Studio .NET 2005 seems to promise XHTML compatibility - can anyone
> using the Beta release confirm this? I'm waiting with anticipation for a
> copy of the latest release to be delivered.

Compliance is good, being maintainable is another thing.
Here's a bit of a "xhtml compliant document" generated from RoboHelp:

<ul style="margin-top:0cm; " type="disc">
 <li>
lang="EN-GB" style="font-family:Arial;
style="font-family:Arial; "> is aware of which could push the
 <li>
     as a consequence this will impact on the development timeline and
     consequently testing.</p></li>
</ul>

It is valid, but reskinning that or converting it via XSLT is hours of fun.

--
Chris Heilmann
Blog: http://www.wait-till-i.com