[thelist] Frontpage verses Dreamweaver

Christian Heilmann codepo8 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 14 04:51:44 CDT 2005

> But the assertion was that "it messes things up". Other than code
> formatting with white space, I can't see it messes anything up. None of
> Volkan's erudite observations affect the output.

Let's not forget that you as a power user are knowledgeable what each
bit in the app does. A hit and miss user WILL mess up the code.

> This thread started with an "average joe" kind of user. Give Average Joe
> notepad or homesite, and he will create nonsense. Or, more likely, nothing.

Or he might actually start reading some book or tutorial before doing
something stupid.

> Any WYSIWYG editor is better than none if you are not thoroughly
> knowledgeable and conscienscious.

And keeps people from properly diving into the matter.

> DW may be the best of a bad bunch, but it is the best nonetheless for
> most people.

So is vegetating in front of soap operas every night, doesn't make it
a good start when you have never watched TV before, does it?

--
Chris Heilmann
Blog: http://www.wait-till-i.com