[thelist] recommendations for windows based listserve software

Peter Brunone (EasyListBox.com) peter at easylistbox.com
Thu Apr 14 16:18:52 CDT 2005

Hi Ted,

   I've used the free version of Lyris (less than 200 members) on Win98, and it worked just fine.  Like you, I didn't want to mess with LSoft once I unpacked it and saw all the pieces.  The moderation tools were insanely tedious, but perhaps they've been improved (I know some folks who have developed a mod suite for Lyris, but I don't know if it's available for sale or otherwise for use).

   Have you considered a hosted solution like Google Groups?

Peter

From: Theodore Serbinski stanson at gmail.com

Guys,

Need some help here. Have two clients requiring basic listserve
functionality, one for mainly email discussions with a very small user
group, that wants emails archived. The other a much larger, circa 5000
users, that requires mass emailings and more customized features.

Have looked at Lsoft and that has been quite a pain
to customized. Templates are a mess, very much a pain, but still got it
working.

About to look at Lyris appears to
possibly be better.

Anyone have any other recommendations? Needs to run on Windows, thanks!

ted