[thelist] Reliable Web hosting - need advice

dwain at alforddesigngroup.com dwain at alforddesigngroup.com
Sun Apr 17 16:33:26 CDT 2005

Gilles Beauregard wrote:
> Allo!
>
>> one last pitch.  1and1.com has several packages and can add on other
>> domains.  click the link below and see what they have to offer you.
>> support is good and up time has been good also.  had one dos attack in
>> 9 months and they solved the problem quickly.  sites on the server
>> were down for less than 24 hours.  prices are reasonable as well.
>

> Before going with 1 and 1, take a look at the folowing forum:
>
> http://s88567960.onlinehome.us/
>
> 1 and 1 are not renow for the support, and email are a permanent problem.
>
> Good luck
>
> Gilles B.
>

> ---
> Webmasters helping webmasters
> http://www.balour.org/

thank you for the link.  it looked like any other message board with
similar problems.  i'm not much of a tech when it comes to server setup
and maintenance.  i have had one or two instances with my email, but not
long lived.  it was usually functioning properly within an hour or less.
  all hosting companies have their drawbacks.  i have found that when i
write to tech support their reply is not as complete as i would like, so
i have to dig deeper; however, when i get a live person on the phone, i
seem to receive a fuller explanation to my request or problem.

i recently inquired about using their forum addition on a new web site.
  i queried if it was similar to a cms.  my reply was yes it was similar
and that i could add a cms to my package to try if i wanted.  they
didn't mention anything about how much extra the monthly fee would be,
but they said that i would be responsible for setting it up.

most of the extra features they offer i don't use (wizards, site maker,
etc.) because i hand code and ftp my files.  i don't need a lot of
frills.  i like a simple site that is simple to maintain and that
doesn't break down much if at all.

all in all, i have not had any problems with 1 and 1 and am satisfied
for the moment with their service(s).

best,
dwain

--
Dwain Alford
http://www.alforddesigngroup.com

web hosting: http://www.1and1.com/?k_id=7653741

http://www.spreadfirefox.com/?q=affiliates&id=0&t=1/

"The artist may use any form which his expression demands;
for his inner impulse must find suitable expression."
Wassily Kandinsky, "Concerning The Spiritual In Art"

---
Virus Database (VPS): 0515-6, 04/17/2005
Tested on: 4/17/2005 4:33:28 PM