[thelist] Reliable Web hosting - need advice

dwain at alforddesigngroup.com dwain at alforddesigngroup.com
Mon Apr 18 03:14:22 CDT 2005

Gilles Beauregard wrote:
> Allo!
>
>> all in all, i have not had any problems with 1 and 1 and am satisfied
>> for the moment with their service(s).
>

> My major complaint about 1 and 1 is the fact I never received any
> explanation for the email
> question I ask to the support.
>
> My main concern is to know what kind of anti-spam device is
> installed on the server. I don't like losing email.
>
> Also, their is a limit of 2,000 message by inbox, and when the inbox reach
> this limit the incoming mail vanished. No message is send to the
> sender explaining the situation.
>
> This can be embarrassing, is you are going away for vacation and
> don't/can't
> empty your mailbox.
>
> I ask the question many time , and never ever received an explanation.
>
> It's not the kind of support I expect from an hosting provider.
>
> Good luck
>
> Gilles B.

i agree with you on this.  i did not know about the 2,000 message
limitation.  i do know that i have a 50gb mail box for each account i
have.  to my understanding, the anti-spam device marks your "suspicious"
mail as spam and sends it on to your mail box.  depending on your mail
client, you can mark it as "junk" to be deleted.  that has been my
experience with the anti-spam device.

how long ago did you have your account with them;  they could have
gotten better?

cheers,
dwain
--
Dwain Alford
http://www.alforddesigngroup.com

web hosting: http://www.1and1.com/?k_id=7653741

http://www.spreadfirefox.com/?q=affiliates&id=0&t=1/

"The artist may use any form which his expression demands;
for his inner impulse must find suitable expression."
Wassily Kandinsky, "Concerning The Spiritual In Art"

---
Virus Database (VPS): 0515-6, 04/17/2005
Tested on: 4/18/2005 3:14:24 AM