[thelist] Competitors of Microsoft Content Management Server

Burhan Khalid thelist at meidomus.com
Mon Apr 18 07:01:57 CDT 2005

Hello Everyone:

   I'm looking for products that are direct competitors of Microsoft's
Content Management Server; or provide similar functionality.  I'm mainly
looking for [a] platforms supported (obviously Microsoft's only works on
Windows) [b] databases supported (from my reading CMS only supports SQL
Server 2000) and other feature comparisons.

   I tried to google for a while, but I must not be typing the correct
keywords.  Can anyone point me to a short list of other products?  I'm
not looking for open source/free programs -- unless they compare to the
feature set of CMS.

   I need this information to compare bids from different software
houses -- all of them seem to prefer CMS, but their prices are
rediculous. For example one bid put the cost of external programs north
of $75,000 -- not including development costs.

Thanks for any ideas,
Burhan