[thelist] Javascript and breaking within strings

Steve James steve at epicunion.com
Mon Apr 18 16:14:01 CDT 2005

Can you make a multiline block of text a string variable, without
breaking it up?

WHAT I WOULD LIKE TO DO (gives me a "unterminated string literal" error):
theVar = "Line 1 text<br>
Line 2 text<br>
Line 3<br>";

WHAT I AM FORCED TO DO:
theVar = "Line 1 text<br>";
theVar += "Line 2 text<br>";
theVar += "Line 3 text<br>";

Thanks so much for any clarification.

---

Steve James
Epic Union Designs
steve at epicunion.com
http://www.epicunion.com

"Web design, development, and hosting rolled up into one nifty package!" Epic Union.