[thelist] PHP mail lists ... best open source solution?

Theodore Serbinski stanson at gmail.com
Tue Apr 19 12:54:35 CDT 2005

Guys, about to start a project where my client is looking for a web based
mailing list. Users should be able to signup online, with a confirmation
email. Then admin users should be able to email users based on certain
criteria (e.g., location or which users selected info about certain
products, etc...) and manage users based on bounced emails and etc.

Running this on Apache 2.0.54/PHP 5.0.4 on Windows 2003 SP1.

So far the most intriguing solution I found is PHPlist <
http://www.phplist.com/>.

Before I embark and devote time to this software, does anyone have any other
recommedantions? Or any good/bad stories with this software?

Thanks!

ted