[thelist] [UPS] Complex Shipping

Erik Heerlein erik at erikheerlein.com
Wed Apr 20 13:34:42 CDT 2005

On Apr 20, 2005, at 1:39 PM, Hassan Schroeder wrote:

>>> My test case produced: $11.14 vs $8.83
>> I wonder if it was a misrepresentation of currency - $11.14 -> $8.83
>> could
>> be the exchange rate from US dollars to Canadian dollars, and the
>> other way
>> around could be the exchange rate from Euros to US dollars.
>
> ? Even harder for me to imagine how a test case of shipping an item
> from one US state to another would result in a returned figure in a
> non-US currency :-)

I think the speculation of different figures may arise when currency
conversion is done for a package shipping between two different
countries. But even if currency conversion was done, the two "tools"
should give the same result for the same shipping criteria.

I was thinking of incorporating UPS shipping into my site, but now I'm
not so sure.

[>] Erik Heerlein