[thelist] Someone stole my email address

Mark Groen markgroen at gmail.com
Thu Apr 21 08:18:19 CDT 2005

----- Original Message -----
To: "the List" <thelist at lists.evolt.org>
Sent: April 21, 2005 5:10 AM
Subject: [thelist] Someone stole my email address

I think someone is trying to steal my email address, well, my domain
really, and use it for spam. For the past several days I keep getting
Delivery Failure messages in my inbox. When I check the headers of
the
sent emails they are from an email address using my domain name, but
that I do not have set up with my hosting provider. Is there anything
I can do about this? I don't really want my domain to black listed in
terms of spam.

Is there something I can do about this or is this something that I
need to take up with my hosting provider?

hmm, I'm at the same datacentre as you are and my mx records also
show the same:  SPF record is missing, (dnsreport.com) which may be
why they are able to take advantage of this. I'm sending in a support
ticket myself to see if this is something I can do without a reboot
and messing up everyone's mail for a few minutes this am.

cheers,

       Mark