[thelist] "your link is up" emails..

Peter Brunone (EasyListBox.com) peter at easylistbox.com
Thu Apr 21 16:29:44 CDT 2005

> Please reply back with the location of our link on your website.

   The sheer presumption of this kind of message really ticks me off.

<tip author="Peter Brunone" type="Cookies">
Though you may have heard differently, the latest browsers (at least IE6) will still limit your total cookie count to 20 per domain.  If your cookies start disappearing and you don't know why, chances are you may be over your limit.  Instead, consider storing multiple pieces of information in one cookie; some server dev environments -- like ASP and ASP.NET, for example -- provide a collection interface to cookies for just this purpose.  The values are stored as delimited strings inside a single cookie and the environment handles the serialization.
</tip>

 From: Brian Cummiskey Brian at hondaswap.com

I must get 50 of these a day, and none of them are ever closely related
to the content of my site- this one happens to be Jeep parts. Jeep
parts and Honda parts... right... that's the same auidence.

Anyway, does anyone know how i got on some list or something where
everyone seems to keep linking to me?

In a way, its not bad- i have all these random links to my site which
google likes- but its annoying going through my email at the same time
and seeing all these random sites who are alerting me that my link is
now up! WOoooHooo!

-B

--

* * Please support the community that supports you. * *
http://evolt.org/help_support_evolt/