[thelist] browser detection on server side

Mark Groen markgroen at gmail.com
Thu Apr 21 18:54:38 CDT 2005

----- Original Message -----
To: <thelist at lists.evolt.org>
Sent: April 21, 2005 9:12 AM
Subject: Re: [thelist] browser detection on server side

Actually, there is a bug in the JVM (that Sun has said they won't
fix,
because they don't think it's a bug) where if you use the user agent
switcher to modify your user agent string, the Java plugin will exit
with an error code. (This might only be on linux. I have seen reports
of similar problems on Win, but have not tried to replicate it myself
on Win.)

It's the same on Win98, the rare times I'm on a page requiring java I
switch to IE, I like my "monkeys with crayons" user-agent ;-)

cheers,

       Mark