[thelist] dynamic table sql question

Brian Cummiskey Brian at hondaswap.com
Mon Apr 25 12:40:01 CDT 2005

i'm trying to write a simple query to check each and every table for a
certain group of phone numbers from another table which lists all the
jobs and its properties.

this is what i want to do...

select * from (select distinct job_name from jobs)
where phonenumber IN ( <<numbers here>> )

basically, i want to cycle through each job name from the Jobs table,
and within the same database, there is a table with that Job name.

I.e. Jobs holds: Job1, Job2
and I have the following tables:
Jobs
Job1
Job2
in my main listing under the DB.

I know this syntax fails..  but is there a way to do such a thing?

I really don't want to go through and do this manually for 300 different
job tables to see if those phone numbers are in it.