[thelist] dynamic table sql question

Joshua Olson joshua at waetech.com
Mon Apr 25 14:47:17 CDT 2005

Er, MSSQL 2000 is just that... not version 7.  :-)

> Teke at union.com Wrote:
>  > Union should do the trick.
>
> yes, it would-  but that would still require me to manually union all
> 300+ tables.  Not something i'm looking forward to doing, and human
> error can exist--  theres a good chance i could miss one by accident.

Here's one thought--create an SP that makes the UNION for you (compiled as a
string) based on the available information.

Then, execute that string using the EXECUTE keyword.

Joshua L. Olson
WAE Tech Inc.
http://www.waetech.com/
Phone: 706.210.0168

Monitor bandwidth usage on IIS6 in real-time:
http://www.waetech.com/services/iisbm/