[thelist] How to turn off mysqld 3.23's automatic DATEupdatefeature?

Jonathan Dillon jdillon at boehm-ritter.com
Thu Apr 28 15:34:31 CDT 2005

> Probably because you can't :-)

Do you know that or are you just saying it?

> But you can get around it by explicitly assigning a value to the field
when you update the row, e.g
>   UPDATE myTable SET tsCol = tsCol, foo = 'bar' WHERE...

No can do partner.  We're talking about an application written by 4
programmers over as many years.  Large, sprawling, and... Um..... Yea.

> On the other hand, if you don't want TIMESTAMP behavior from a TIMESTAMP
column, maybe you should just change it to a DATETIME :-)

That's actually a fine idea.

Thanks for the reply Hassan.

Jonathan