[thelist] XMLHttp question

Jonathan Dillon jdillon at boehm-ritter.com
Thu Apr 28 19:39:27 CDT 2005

I've been hacking on this stuff for the last hour or so (it's slick as
shiat).  But I'm wondering, what is oXML?  Is it some kind of build in DOM
thing for XML docs or what?

Here is an example where it's used:

http://www.activewidgets.com/javascript.forum.4382.0/using-response-method-f
or-loading.html

//Example function to extract extra data
function customTableRequest(url,data) {
var myGridData = ""
//function run on completion (readyState=4) of xmlHttprequest
var completedCustomRequest = function (oXML) {
var splitdata = (oXML.responsetext).split("|splitDelimiter|");
if (splitdata.length == 2){
processPaging(splitdata[0]);
myGridData = splitdata[1];
}
regularCursor();
oXML = null;
};
doXmlHttpLoad(url,data,completedCustomRequest);
return myGridData;
}

I'm also seeing it in the js functions I'm working with:

function (oXML) { alert(oXML.responseText); }

But I really don't understand.  WHAT is it?  It's not in any of my php
books, and I can find nothing in google besides code references.

Jonathan Dillon-Hayes
---
Email: jonathan at boehm-ritter.com
http://www.Boehm-Ritter.com/