[thelist] include paths with php - previewing in browser locally and on server

Bruce Gilbert webguync at gmail.com
Fri Apr 29 11:01:52 CDT 2005

I have a question regarding paths with php includes.

In order to get te includes to display when previewing in a browser I
have to use the absolute path such as <?php
require("c:/sites/dps/includes/nav-parents.htm"); ?> for the server
path and locally <?php
require("c:/inetpub/wwwroot/includes/nav-parents.htm"); ?>

this is a pain to be changing back and forth, but when I try to do a
reletave path, something like <?php
require("/includes/nav-parents.htm"); ?>

I get file not found errors...any suggestions?

thx,

--
::Bruce::