[thelist] Internet Explorer Max Cookies

Mike Bird mike at mikebird.co.uk
Sun May 1 12:01:06 CDT 2005

Hi all,

I have come across a very annoying problem in IE.. for all other
browsers it works. Basically an image is written onto the page every 10
seconds which also contains a Set-Cookie header, which changes the
value of the same cookie, lets call it foo.
Now in Safari, FireFox and Opera, every time the cookie is received,
foo is overwritten successfully and the expiry date updated, however in
IE, it works exactly 5 times, then fails to set any more cookies. I
have my privacy settings to the lowest setting and include a P3P
header.

Do you have any idea of what is going on? I have tried google and only
found articles saying there is a limit of 20 cookies per domain but IE
ignores this.. and even so, I am updating the same cookie, not creating
a new one.

Thanks,
Mike