[thelist] Flash Navigation from a DVD Problem

Rich Points rich at richpoints.com
Wed May 4 10:52:16 CDT 2005

Howdy,
I'm going to be running this site http://floodsafety.com/test/index.htm
from a DVD.  I've downloaded the site to my local machine using one of
those browse websites off line tools.  When I open the index page
locally everything renders as it should but the links in the Flash
navigation don't work, when I click on them nothing happens.

I had a similar problem whith the XML file loading on the web.  To
remedy the web problem I created a file called crossdomain.xml.  I tried
configuring this file locally with the following content

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<!DOCTYPE cross-domain-policy
  SYSTEM "test/xml/xmlNav.swf">
<cross-domain-policy>
  <allow-access-from domain="localhost" />
  <allow-access-from domain="http://localhost/" />
</cross-domain-policy>

But that didn't work.

How can I make this Flash navigation work locally?

Thanks
Rich