[thelist] Unsubscribe procedure (not from this list!)

Paul Waring pwaring at gmail.com
Fri May 13 04:56:46 CDT 2005

On 5/11/05, Tim Stickland <tstickland at gmail.com> wrote:
> This is all good, but I've been wondering today how would I go about
> implementing the functionality to allow a user to be
> subscribed/unsubscribed from a mailing list using either the subject
> or body of an email address?
>
> Are there other ways of acheiving the same goal?

You could pipe the mail directly to a PHP script and parse it there,
that way (un)subscribe requests will be dealt with immediately.
Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be a huge amount of documentation
on working with incoming mail in PHP, the only decent article I've
found is:

http://www.evolt.org/article/Incoming_Mail_and_PHP/18/27914/

There are lots of results in Google, but most of them seem to point to
that article or copies of it on other sites.

Hope this helps.

Paul

--
Rogue Tory