[thelist] Country/State/Province choices on registration form

Carl Edwards edwards at vitesse.com
Fri May 13 12:08:07 CDT 2005

Hello,

Could I get opinions, suggestions, examples of well done
registration forms and how the user selects their location?

In particular I would like to avoid the Javascript interdependent
select list thing, try to avoid US bias, and allow us to reuse the
locations in our DB to generate sales lead e-mails and build our
contact us pages.

Currently we have the "State" select list change based on the Country
you choose but I would like to eliminate the Javascript requirement
and users have been known to use select lists in the wrong order :-)

I am also trying to avoid putting the whole world in one select list.

If I did not have to take automatic action on each registration I
would just put some input fields!

Thanks,
/Carl