[thelist] Proxy woes

Sam Carter sam at iness.com
Mon May 16 13:28:03 CDT 2005

I've got a customer with offices around the USA, some (but not all) of
which are experiencing a very long (40-60 second) page load time when
clicking on a link to one of our websites.

We have eliminated network congestion, server congestion and have
concluded that the page load delays are introduced by older proxies
which are scheduled for replacement later this year.  This may resolve
the problem but we need a solution sooner that end of year.

These same users are not experiencing delays on sites like Amazon.com,
so there must be something unique about our website / setup / DNS that
triggers a proxy bug causing the delay.

Any experiences or ideas appreciated.

Sam