[thelist] Proxy woes

Ken Schaefer Ken at adOpenStatic.com
Mon May 16 19:07:30 CDT 2005

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
: From: thelist-bounces at lists.evolt.org [mailto:thelist-
: bounces at lists.evolt.org] On Behalf Of Sam Carter
: Subject: [thelist] Proxy woes
:
: We have eliminated network congestion, server
: congestion and have concluded that the page load
: delays are introduced by older proxies
: which are scheduled for replacement later this year.
: This may resolve the problem but we need a solution
: sooner that end of year.
:
: These same users are not experiencing delays on
: sites like Amazon.com, so there must be something
: unique about our website / setup / DNS that
: triggers a proxy bug causing the delay.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The obviously solution, since you've identified the problem, would be to
patch the proxy server software so that the bug doesn't manifest itself
anymore.

Considering that there are probably 100+ proxy products out there, and I'm
sure all of them have had bugs at one stage or another, we'd be doing little
beside speculating here.

Cheers
Ken

--