[thelist] .css files vs inline CSS and .js vs inline JS?

Chris Johnston fuzzylizard at gmail.com
Tue May 17 12:21:37 CDT 2005

On 5/17/05, Eric Johnson <webmaster at homelifeprotection.com> wrote:
> I heard that when styles are moved to a .css file that the client caches it
> so that they don't have to continually download the same thing over and
> over.  Is this true?  If that applies for javascript, when placing
> javascript code in a .js file, does it also cache it as well?

Yes, the browser will cache the .css file so that is does not have to
keep downloading it with every new page from a single website. I
believe this also applies to .js files and just about any type of file
associated with a web page -- .jpg, .gif, .css, .js, etc

--
chris johnston

www.fuzzylizard.com

"For millions of years, mankind lived just like the animals and
something happened which unleashed the power of our imagination, we
learned to talk."
Pink Floyd